Thursday 3 May 2012


The Wait

Yesterday I took the long dreaded leap
I saw the white beautiful masquerade suck my blood
With a mischief in her eyes she draws a pint
Searching through my face as if for a clue
Little did I know that I was in for a spin

The day was long and weary
The night was filled with thoughts like a philosopher
Suddenly I realized this could mean an end
The beginning of the end with a date
But could this be true I asked my pillow
Alas it was too late to use a latex

Today the wait will be over by noon
When again the masquerade will have its chance
Gbam! Gbam!! My heart beats like the Konga
In my hands I hold the verdict
Oh I hope the jury considered my innocence
How I wish I knew the Judge
Maybe I might walk home free

Suddenly my knowledge of words and letters failed
As I scrolled down the scroll of death
and the air in my car cold like Moscow
I noticed I was socked in furious sweat
N-E-G-A-T-I-V-E I murmured to myself
Suddenly I felt like I was alive again
Finally the Wait is over!
                           Omo-Ekun, Ilu-Nla.

No comments:

Post a Comment